The President of the Republic of Kosovo, Mrs. Atifete Jahjaga, has established the National Anti-Corruption Council (hereinafter the Council) on February 14, 2012. The Council in conformity with the Constitution of the Republic of Kosovo and the Laws in force aims the coordination of the works and activities of institutions and agencies, within their competencies and scope, to prevent and combat corruption.
The Functions of the Council:
- To coordinate activities in preventing and combating corruption.
- To identify and coordinate activities in support of the implementation of the national strategy in fighting corruption.
- To determine the priorities and policies for the implementation of the legislative agenda in increasing effectiveness in the fight against corruption.
- To coordinate the work and activities of the responsible institutions in strengthening existing mechanisms to fight corruption.
- To raise the awareness of the society for the prevention and fighting of corruption.