Behgjet Isa Pacolli
Date, place of birth, family:
30 August 1951, Marec, Pristina. Son to Isa and Nazmije. Married to Masha, Russian-Swiss citizen of Buryat- Tatarian descend. Parent to five children: three daughters and two sons (Arbëresha, Selena, Hana, Isa and Diar).
Elementary and secondary education, the Normal High School and Gymnasium in Pristina).
1970-1973 Institut für Außenhandel, Hamburg Universitat, Foreign Trade Institute, Hamburg University
1982-1983 Master in Marketing and Management Mösinger Zurich Institute.
1974-1975 Foreign Language Correspondent with the Directorate of Development, Textile Combine, Gjilan.
1976 Commercial Director in the Peter Zimmern Company, Austria.
Interplastica Project Engeneering Company in Morbio Inf. Switzerland.
1977-1983 Commercial Director
1983-1990 Director General
1990-2009 Founder and President of Mabetex Project Engineering, Lugano, Switzerland.
- 1992-2009 President of CRS-Credito per lo sviluppo e ristrutturazione, Lugano Switzerland;
- President of Mabco Construction.
- President of Swiss Diamond Hotel Management, Bermuda;
- Co Krueger HochTiefbau, Berlin;
- Co Interfin Finance London;
- Co Mabetex International (covering 18 world countries);
- Owner of Siguria, Insurance Company, Pristina;
- Shareholder in the Economic Bank, Pristina;
- Owner of Saranda Properties;
- Co Sine Tempore International;
- Co BK Anstalt Lichtenstein;
- Co Diamond Travel;
- 2009 withdraws from his managerial mandate from all his companies, and remains only an owner of shares regulated according to the legislation of the states in which companies operate.
- Main Sponsor of Aleksandër Moisiu Foundation;
- Founder of Per i Bambini Di Sakha Foundation and orphanages;
Promoter and founder of:
- FORK Foundation for the Organization and Reconstruction of Kosovo, Lugano, Pristina;
- Founder of Albanian Businessmens Union, Lugano;
- 2004-2007 Founder of SEED, South-East Europe Development Fund, Washington (a fund that has promoted and lobbied for independence of Kosovo);
- Member Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), Washington, Permanent Consultant to the Committee led by Henry Kissinger;
- Founder of Ibrahim Kodra, Youth Foundation, Lugano;
- The New Kosova Alliance, Lobbying Organization, Washington, (2005-2007);
- Behgjet Pacolli Foundation, Pristina;
- Founder and President of the New Kosova Alliance (AKR) political party (2007);
- Member of the Assembly of the Republic of Kosovo (2007-2010);
- Member of the Assembly of the Republic of Kosovo (2011).
- 1993 - Founder and sponsor of a hospital that provides care to abandoned children born with physical problems in Sakha);
- 1999 - In cooperation with Ms. Fanfani and Children of Peace Foundation, intervenes in providing mass relief to the displaced from Kosovo in Kukës, Ivangrad and elsewhere;
- 1999 Support to hospitals in Kosovo with medicines and medical equipment;
- 2000-2004 - Support for building the KPC infrastructure in Pristina and supply with professional equipment;
- 2005 Support for building the memorial centre in Penuhë, Podujeva;
- 2004 Release of hostages in Afghanistan (Shqipe Habibis case);
- 2006 Release of Gabrielle Torsello, a journalist that had been taken hostage in Afghanistan;
- 2008-2011 - Permanent lobbying for the recognition of Kosovo as an independent state (over 20 recognitions);
- 2007 Contribution to the release of 23 Korean hostages in Afghanistan;
Some activities carried out by the Behgjet Pacolli Foundation:
- Planning, sponsoring and financing the entire structure of the American University in Kosovo (AUK);
- Sponsoring the expansion of the Faculty of Philology in Pristina;
- Sponsoring cultural and heritage projects in Kosovo;
- Sponsoring sports in Kosovo;
- 20 regular scholarships (in Kosovo and abroad);
- Complete contribution for the construction of shelters for poor families;
- Assistance in sending dozens of patients abroad for medical treatment per year;
- Social assistance to invalids and persons in need (monthly payments);
- Construction of Ibrahim Kodra Museum in Pristina (in progress);
- Daily assistance to the people in need;
- KPC Decorations;
- Acknowledgments and honorary titles from the Rochester University of Technology;
- Decorations from the AUK (American University in Kosovo)
- High decorations from the State of Peru, the President of Peru;
- Highest state decoration from the Russian Federation (architectural appraisals), the second foreign citizen to receive the award after the American ARMAND HAMMER;
- Honorary citizen of Astana, Republic of Kazakhstan;
- Liberias Global Honorary Consul (2002-shtator 2010);
- 2009 - Ambassador of Peace (Universal Peace Federation);
- 2010 - Millenniums Global Knight of Peace; also awarded by Centro Internazionale per la Pace fra i Popoli (International Centre for Peace Among Peoples) to Mikhail Gorbachev, Perez De Cuellar, S.S. Giovanni Paolo II, Luciano Pavarotti, Helmut Kohl, Mother Theresa of Calcutta, Kofi Annan, Bill Gates, etc;
- Acknowledgment from the Nelson Mandela Foundation;
- Acknowledgment from the Clinton Global Initiative Foundation.
Mother tongue: Albanian
Foreign languages: English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Serbo-Croatian.